Wonderfull Frustration

Golf is a wonderfully frustrating game. It can make you laugh. It can make you weep like a school girl who saw a dead bird on the way home from school [ ;) sis]. Sometimes it can even make you question your intelligence. But it is still one of my favorite things to do.

Today I played in a charity golf scramble for the P.E.T. (Personal Energy Transportation P.E.T.) project which is a wonderful charity. A member of my church sponsored a team. I played with Carlos our Hispanic's Minster, Mike who plays in the band with me, and Dale who is one of our youth counselors. Usually when I play, I go out by myself and get paired up with random people so it was a blast playing with friends.

Golf is one of the few sports that transcends all of the normal aspects of sports. It doesn't matter if you're young or old, or if you have been playing for years or you are just starting, it can be enjoyed by all. Each of us playing today proved that point. We had a 50 yr old (Dale), 40 yr old (Mike), 28 yr old (Carlos), and me (24). Mike and Dale have been playing for a long time, while I have been playing for 6 years and Carlos just started last year. But the best thing was that it did not matter one bit. Today for about 4 and 1/2 hrs we were Golfers. Enjoying the beauty of God's creation, each others company, and of course poking fun at each other. The best part of the day was that we all contributed. Carlos made an Eagle putt which capped off a pretty good round of 60. If you are unfamiliar with how a scramble works. Each person hits a drive, then you pick the best ball and everybody plays from there and so on.



In keeping with my new tradition of ending with a joke. here is a golf joke for ya.....

A priest rushed from church one day to keep a golf date. He was halfway down the first fairway, waiting to hit his second shot, when he heard "Fore!" and a ball slammed into his back. Soon, the golfer who had made the drive was on the scene to offer his apologies. When the priest assured him that he was all right, the man smiled. "Thank goodness, Father!" he exclaimed. "I've been playing this game for forty years, and now I can finally tell my friends that I've hit my first holy one!"

You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 Response to "Wonderfull Frustration"

  1. Barbie says:

    You always make me smile! It sounds like you had a great day.

Powered by Blogger